Friday, 21 March 2008

Recent quilt




The top picture is a quilt I recently finished, it's made using old embroidered traycloths, tablecloths, etc.. from my lovely Welsh Mum-in-laws home. Sadly she had to move into a rest home and now she is very poorly in hospital but when we cleared out her house I came across these old bits. I cut the decent bits out and made them into this quilt. I took it into hospital the other day and she loved it and it had good memories for her. She would like it on her hospital bed but that's not allowed so she says she'll use it when she gets out but sadly she is declining every day, she is 92 so we'll see.


The second rather bright quilt was made for a nurse who I worked with as a gift for her new baby. It is bright but Antonia and her husband are African so the colours suited their little one well, they were thrilled with it and little one uses it alot I am told. It's a foundation quilt which I have just started to have a go at and really enjoy and I can do by hand with the family in the lounge in the evenings. I have plenty more pictures of different quilts so will put them on every now and agian.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Hello Goosey! I followed your link from your comment on my blog - I have been wanting to do the same thing with some old embroidered linens I have! You did a fine job, the quilt looks great. The memories it represents make it even more lovely. Best wishes to you and your family...

Goosey said...

Thank you for leaving a comment Christina..you're my first contact. Have a lovely holiday over Easter..Goosey

Mary said...

Both of these are great! I love what you did with those traycloths. That is a great idea. That baby quilt is so pretty. I like colorful baby quilts. You are really making me want to work on a log cabin quilt. I've got so many scraps and need to just cut up a bunch of them into strips and work on one.