Friday, 25 April 2008

National Trust



Himself and I had a day off and went to Somerset to see three National Trust properties, Barrington Court, Montecute House and Tintinhull gardens. The photo is of Tintinhull Manor. The gardens are a bit sparse at this time of the year but maybe we'll go back in the summer. I loved these tulips....if anyone knows what they are called could you tell me,I'd like to grow some next year. We were lucky with the weather, showers were forecast but we managed to dodge them all and had a dry day. We also managed to eat in two of the tearooms, the National Trust do make good food, we had soup and a roll which was delicious and Himself managed to fit in a cream tea later in the day!
It does you good to get away, even if it's only a day and just chill out.
There was a Holly Blue butterfly flitting around the garden and I saw the first red damselfly of the year near our pond. At Monecute I saw a Swift...summers coming...yippee!!!

1 comment:

Goosey said...

Jane Brocket from www.yarnstorm.blog.com has kindly let me know that this is a variety called Zurel. Off to get some bulbs for next year! Goosey