Saturday, 10 May 2008

Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door.



It's been a beautiful evening and so we walked from just above West Lulworth to Durdle Door and back to Lulworth Cove. My personal trainer came with me...Wrecks the dog and my husband too. I think dogs are like an exercise machine or a personal trainer because they badger you until you give in and walk them.
The first picture is looking west towards Durdle Door and the next is Wrecks admiring the view over West Lulworth and the cove and the last picture is taken down at Lulworth Cove.
We had one sticky moment when Wrecks and we two had to walk through a herd of cows that were wandering across the track, we didn't mind but Wrecks can be a bit jumpy, thankfully all went well and no stampedes!
As I was on night shift last night so felt very tired my husband nobly said he would climb back up the hill to get the car as we had walked 3 miles by then and I was finding energy levels a bit low.
It was peaceful down by the cove and I sat and watched the fishermen going out for a nights fishing with their lobster pots piled high.
Well I'm away to sleep now..perchance to dream...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Val Grainger said...

Hello! been leafing through your blog.....reminds me of home...I lived in Dorset for years and raised my eldest kids there! My great gran was one of the Hunt family from Hazelbury Bryan.
Glad you liked reading my blog too!