Monday, 30 June 2008

Lazy summer days

This rose has been flowering for all it's worth for weeks now, I keep dead heading the blooms and it keeps flowering. I think it may be called Bonica but not absolutley sure.
And this is Wrecks's idea of a good summer day! My youngest son and his friends have gone off last night on a "yomp" around Dorset, they have no sleeping bags or tents, hardly any money and they slept under a bush last night and made a makeshift shelter. I had a text this morning to say they were OK and enjoying themselves. Their intention is to walk 20 miles a day although I think they may not quite do that. My husband says boys need adventure and we should let him do it...it will give him amazing memories and much more. i know he is right but the Mum in me worries! They intend to be back home on Thursday but have promised to text daily so I'll keep you posted. Forecast says it will rain tomorrow evening but knowing my son he won't give in and will just get wet!
ps....He arrived home late this afternoon just after I had written this, they had walked 20 miles but the other boys were tired and had enough so they came home. He is very disappointed but wants to do it another time on his own. On the up side he's got home in time for a roast dinner!

5 comments:

happyone said...

Glad your son is back home safely. I bet he enjoyed his dinner. :-)

Tricia said...

Once a Mum, always a Mum Goosey; no matter what their age.

Think Wreck's got the right idea about the garden - it's for sleeping in :)

Greentwinsmummy said...

oh wow what a fab thing for your boy to do,so important in this crazy world to do the simple things,well done you on raising a decent boy who can find the adventure & thrill in the ordinary ;O) its so rare these days sadly
GTM
ps your rose is stunning!

Cheryl said...

Hi Goosey....I used to worry about my two children when they went off on so called adventures.....your husband is right, they need to have space and fun.....
Glad he got hom alright though...beautiful rose....

Goosey said...

Thanks for your comments..he's planning the next thing now and actually suggested I might like to go for a night and sleep under a hedge...watch this space!!!