Tuesday, 10 June 2008

Spyway and Dancing Ledge

This was a walk we did on Sunday evening when the day had cooled and it was pleasant walking weather. It was about 3 1/2 miles long easy walking. We parked in Langton Matravers and walked to Spyway Barn, through the farmyard and across a couple of fields until we came to a wall with this lovely cow sculpture set into it. On the way we stopped to watch a Roe deer and her fawn in a field, she was shielding it near to her but we got a good view through the binoculars.
As we crossed the wall we had the lovely view of the coast towards Worth matravers and Winspit and the beautiful cool breeze...so refreshing on a hot day. We walked west towards Winspit but not quite that far, turned back inland across a field of 27 identical looking horses?!? Then we lost the path so I'm ashamed to say we got down on our hands and knees and crawled through a cattle hold and onto the Priests path and sauntered back to Spyway Barn again!....and the deer and fawn were still there so had another good look!
I have spent all afternoon today making a kaftan out of an old quilt cover ( very 60's and flower power ) that I picked up in a charity shop as my daughter is to be a hippy in the play at her school where she works...I thought when your children grew up you didn't do this sort of stuff any more...Wrong!!

2 comments:

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Hi Goosey,
glad you called into see the ramblers, as you say we have similar blogs.
I have had a look at some of your walks - excellent photos.
I would like to put a link in - if you don't mind.
Let me know :)

Cheryl said...

Beautiful view, how lucky we are to have such beautiful countrside around us.
Love the 'hippy' thing.
Tks for dropping by my blog...I will revisit soon.