Tuesday, 17 June 2008

Trouble with the dog..he doesn't want to walk!

As it was a nice day yesterday I decided that I am not very fit so I would up the mileage to 5 miles walking instead of about 3 miles as usual. Wrecks the dog and I went out and after nearly 1 mile he just sat down and refused to go any further! Now Wrecks is a biggish dog so if he doesn't want to go, he doesn't go...so we came home again. What sort of dog doesn't want to walk!!!!!!
I was recounting the tale over supper when my son said " Come on Goosey, I'll do the 5 miles with you now, and I promise not to sit down and refuse move", so we set off...minus the dog! He took a flask of tea...so English, we walked down to the sea and this shot is taken of the view from Evening Hill towards Brownsea Island and Purbeck beyond that, where we had our tea. We got a bit sidetracked by a nature reserve on the way home and so walked another mile through it and saw a fox running across a golf course. In total today we walked nearly 8 miles.
It was lovely to walk with my son and have the chance to chat about this and that and spend time with him, I hope he wants to do it again sometime.
It was quite a hilly walk up and down and my legs are feeling it today but I've already mapped out another walk today but a bit shorter!
This is what the children made for their Dad on Fathers Day last Sunday. I was at work but I think they spoilt him well....and he deserves it, he's a great Father.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Lovely shot over the water Goosey - I love your part of the country :)

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Wish we lived nearer Goosey I would love to walk with you over that wonderful counrtryside, the dog tires me out up here, I am the one glad to stop and take photos. :)
Glad you enjoyed your walk with your son it's good to share with family - there is not enough family life today.

happyone said...

Sounds like a terrific walk. How nice that your son wanted to go with you.