Sunday, 27 July 2008

More Stapehill....

This sign intrigued me and I wanted to find the swarm to see it or take a photo of it...I'm not sure my friend was as keen as me to find it! I asked a gardener and he said he didn't know where it was that day so I didn't see it...shame!
This is just such an English country garden scene and the fountain was cool to be near on a hot day. It is quite a big garden with lots of different little areas, we asked the gardener we spoke to how many of them look after it and he said only four of them, which isn't much for a garden that size.
I just loved this window, in fact I think I may do a watercolour of it sometime from this photo. The red bricks and the flowers around it are just lovely.
As we wandered around, on our way out we found this secret door in the garden wall, it reminds me of the book and subsequent film of the same name, "The Secret Garden". I had to know what was the other side, was it a secret garden, or a tool store, or what.......Scroll down to see what was the other side.....



































Oh, not so exciting after all!

2 comments:

happyone said...

All of the pictures are very nice but I love the window one. I love window pictures!!! It would make a great water color!!

Marlene said...

Thank you for the continual beauty on your blog. In this set, I particularly like the entrance to the secret garden...even if it is one that has been untended for 10 years. Perhaps some day a little girl will discovered this bit of earth and bring it back to life. The window surrounded by flowers is also lovely.