Wednesday, 9 July 2008

No rain on this blog!

This picture is just here to remind me that the sun did shine a couple of weeks ago even though it has rain solidly all day today! I think this is Uppark, a house owned by the National Trust. Walked Wrecks around the locality today and most people were very sensibly staying indoors. A few brave Mum's walking to fetch their children from school,,,most though were in their cars. My children when they were at school used to call children who always went by car in the rain 'the cardboard kids'.!
Whilst walking through the graveyard three gravediggers were filling in a grave, sad for the family of the person who had died to be saying farewell in such atrocious weather....and poor gravediggers, what a job on a wet day.
Met a 'Lollipop lady' waiting to see the children across the road, nice and dry in her fluorescent coat and hat...but she said the rain was running down her neck!
If it drys up this evening I may go on another Nightjar walk on Canford Heath, I know I saw them last week but I want to know where they are so that I can go and see them when I like and take the rest of my family.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Goosey....such a miserable rainy day here....you know that really wet rain, when you can't do anything.
My grandmother always used to say....blessed is the bride the sun shines on......blessed are the dead the rain falls upon....

Hope you go on your nightjar walk....sounds lovely.....

pied a terre said...

You know, there ARE others who live on the face of this beautiful earth who experience the same rainy conditions as you. We have a sister living in Seattle who says that when it does'nt rain enough (enough?) the webbing between her toes begins to crack.

Goosey said...

I sound a bit grumpy about the rain don't I!? Sorry!!! I haven't gone to see the Nightjars because I don't think it will still be on as it's still wet....I might be the only one to turn up, I'll go another time