Monday, 21 July 2008

Summer Evening


Whilst walking near the coast path at dancing ledge and on towards Swanage we saw this farmer cutting his hay in the evening, he was racing up and down the field really quickly. I think he must have been hungry or something! He no doubt will be back there today with the hay turner on the tractor.
The weather is set fair for a few days so all the farmers are busy out in the fields to get it all cut, dried and baled up before the next rain comes. Some of the combine harvesters are about too. Saw a lovely yellow hammer while walking and some gentle looking Guernsey cows, a few deer and still no dolphin to be seen from the cliff top! I have only ever seen them while on holiday in Pembrokeshire but I would love to see them off the Dorset coast.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a lovely photograpy Goosey, it set me daydreaming....

The last time I saw a yellow hammer I was 13 and on holiday at Hastings.....

Border Reiver said...

Takes me back seeing hay cutting, happy days.

Dolphins do occur on the Dorset Coast, but usually too far out. Keep your eyes peeled, if you can see gulls massing over the water, then there's fish in the sea, and where there's fish....

Ken Burnett said...

Dear Snowgoosey

I came across your blog because you said nice things about my book, The Field by the River. Thanks for that – I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Your blog is lovely by the way. Do keep it up. I'll come back and visit it again.

Ken

Ken Burnett/ www.kenburnett.com