Wednesday, 16 July 2008

Swyre Head

These photos were not taken this week but it's a place we often walk to. It's not a long walk and you can do a circuit if you are like my better half and don't like to retrace your steps! Of course the walk is not so short if you stop to admire the view (which you won't be able to resist).....if you do stop and look you will be there for ages. These shots are taken looking west....well as it's sunset it can't be any other really can it!! We walked up here once with some friends who have a farm between Weymouth and Abbotsbury and we could see the sunshine on their area while we were under a cloud.
This morning I got up early and my daughter dropped me and the dog off about 3 miles away from home on her way to work and we walked back through a nature reserve and eventually home. It was nice because most of the dog walkers were not out and made a nice peaceful walk. Lots of butterflys today...the weather has been so poor lately we haven't seen many. The slow worm is in the garden every day now...have instucted anyone strimming or mowing the lawn to do a check for him first!

5 comments:

happyone said...

Wow those shots are fantastic!!
I like walking when there aren't many people about either. It's so nice and peacefull and it's why I prefer to walk alone.

Cheryl said...

Beautiful and moving photographs.....I almost wish I was there.

Slow worms are great....we get them here but not every year....

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Lovely photos - I know what you mean about admiring the view and looking at all the wildlife and flora along the way it can add hours to a walk. (Fantastic though isn't it) :)

Tattyanne said...

Beautiful pictures Goosey! Tattyanne x

Jennie said...

FABULOUS photos - and the Swyre Head one brings back happy memories . . .

So do slow-worms, as we had them in the garden when I was a kid, and I used to happily pick them up, and the lizards we had too.