Thursday, 18 September 2008

And they call this work!

Today myself and a few others from work went on a study day ( to do with Palliative care ) , it was held in the beautiful house of Kingston Maurward near Dorchester. The weather was wonderful so we were able to spill out onto the terrace for our coffee and lunch breaks...which were quite generous. This was the view from the windows of the house and the terrace, not bad eh?
The college teaches outdoor skills, farming and horticulture amongst many other things which may explain why the borders look so good. We had a good long lunch break after we had been given an excellent meal and managed a walk around the grounds in the autumn sunshine.
This can't be work can it?!?
It is very close to Thomas Hardy's cottage and Stinsford church where his heart is buried. The beautifully filmed Tess of the D'Urbervilles is causing a bit more interest in Thomas Hardy's work at the moment. One thing about nursing is that we are encouraged to keep learning and attend study days....well if they are all like this, count me in!
Oh, and the course was excellent too so all in all a pretty good day.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Ah Goosey - what a lovely spot. Has special memories for me. Mum and I stopped for a coffee on our way back from holidaying in Devon two year's ago - and, while there, I got a call from my son telling me he was getting married!!

Didn't realise you are also in the nursing profession - well done you.

Tricia said...

Hi Goosey - just following up from your comment on my blog. Tis not me in the nursing profession - my daughter's just qualified as a midwife!!