Sunday, 7 September 2008

Sturminster Newton

I have to say that this photo was taken back in June, but we went here yesterday near Sturminster Newton to walk along the river. When we got there it was raining again and they had obviously had alot of the wet stuff because the river was really high. It hadn't burst its banks but it wasn't far off it so we decided not to do the walking.
Instead we went into the town to the greatest fabric and habadashery shop in the world! Hansons...when I get in there I never come out with my bank balance intact! Yesterday was no different! I bought stuff to start making Christmas presents, I can't think that I need to do that now but I suppose it will be here before we know it....and it's nice to have something to work towards and I do like to make as many gifts as I can.
We drove home via Shaftesbury via villages with such lovely names such as
Marnhull, Melbury Abbas, Zig Zag hill ( thats not a village!) , Tollard Royal, Sixpenny Handley, Gussage St Micheal, Pimperne, Spetisbury...Dorset has some very oddly named places.

4 comments:

Greentwinsmummy said...

ahh Hansons!! I have only been there once but wanted to stay for a weekend lol!

Cheryl said...

It sounds wonderful Goosey......but please don't start talking Christmas, not just yet.....

Jennie said...

Snap GTM - I've only been there once and had similar sentiments. Perhaps I could drive down "that" way next week . . . Hmmm . . .

Goosey - we used to get our bread flour from Stur. Mill when we lived in Lytchett. I knew all the places on the way home, including the notorious Zig-Zag Hill!

MrsL said...

Aha - another Hanson's fan! Lving but 6 miles away, I'm in there rather a lot......... :)