Tuesday, 28 October 2008

Not what I thought!!!!!

This is the newly painted kitchen cupboards, I had got to hate the old pine which had gone the nasty orange colour as in the second picture. I have since painted the cupboards below but left the wood at the top and bottom of the cupboards.
It has given the kitchen a real lift for only a few pounds and a couple of days hard graft! Now it just needs a good clean up, and new cooker, new floor.........

I went into Poole today to do a bit of shopping (much beloveds birthday this Saturday!) and came across a HUGE crowd in the center. I thought...."it must be Bill Oddie and Kate Humble", as they are doing Autumnwatch from Brownsea Island in the harbour for two weeks. I tried to see over the heads of people but being a tad vertically challenged couldn't see anything! Eventually I got near the front and this is what I saw...Peppa Pig!!! I didn't know who they are but a kind child told me! The children in the town were near hysterical with excitement at seeing these guys!


This is who I had hoped to see! I really enjoyed the first Autumnwatch last night and will record them as I am on nights for the next two nights.



8 comments:

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Never heard of Peppa Pig but I love to see the childrens faces when they see characters they watch on TV.
Looks like a good bit of DIY in the kitchen.

happyone said...

Your white kitchen cabinets look just like mine, but I have red knobs!!
I've never heard of Peppa Pig either.

Teresa said...

Very nice work on the cabinets. We have been doing the same in our kitchen and it is a lot of work, but the reward is worth it.

Tattyanne said...

cupboards look great Goosey! Well done. I missed the first Autumn watch last night, but will be looking out for it tonight. See you soon Tatty X

jennie said...

Me neither, but they seemed to score a hit in the Arndale! Perhaps it was Bill Oddie in disguise really . . . Will have to make sure I record Autumnwatch tonight.

funkymonkey said...

Your kichen looks great for its makeover. I wanted to do the same but the cupboards are dropping apart...time to start saving the pennies.

Jane said...

Your kitchen looks amazing. I've thought about painting old units but never tried it... it looks great. Have you seen the webcam of brownsea lagoon over at the Dorset Wildlife Trust Autumnwatch page? great views, and if you are on nights you can use the "video on demand" feature and watch the past 12 hours at your leisure! I've just watched the sun come up... Jane

Border Reiver said...

It's touch and go spotting the difference between Bill Oddie and Peppa Pig Snowgoose, but glad you managed to confirm the ID. Love what you've done to the kitchen by the way