Friday, 28 November 2008

Christmas Cards

This is the 2008 offering from the Goosey household this Christmas. I've been fiddling around and finally came up with this. It's a bit naive but that's OK.
These are some of the handmade creations we received last Christmas, I never throw them away because people have spent time making them so they deserve to be kept. Handmade cards have pride of place on the mantleshelf and now people know that, we get more handmade cards! One wasn't on the mantleshelf last Christmas and its maker looked a bit sad so I had to make space! The lace lady is made by my Mother who is a very good lacemaker, a hobby she has taken up in later life. The red star is our offering last year to send to other people.
As the boys are now away from home my daughter and I feel we have a chance to decorate the house for the festive season as we want it....and by the time they come home it will all be done! We are going for a Scandinavian look, lots of white and a bit of red, we are even making white paper chains and decorations out of doilies. The boys tend to go for colour with no thought to it at all! It has been traditional for 'Action man' to climb up the Christmas tree towards the fairy and I think that may continue!
I think I shall trawl the blogs to get inspiration about the red and white decorating..............

5 comments:

Border Reiver said...

Glad to see you're heading down the Scandinavian way of the festivities, as a part hybrid from that fair part of Europe (Norwegian and Swedish), my mother grew up with Christmas Eve the most important day, large meal etc and real candles on the tree, only lit again on Christmas Eve.

Have fun and a good look aroung Castle Garden Centre in Sherborne if you're that way.... good for ideas, and a nice lunch to boot. Looking forward to the photos.

funkymonkey said...

Steph at Curlew Country had some lovely ideas for Christmas in last Decembers blogs if you need inspiration.

Hannah said...

This year I have decided to make my card sending a more personal affair. I have been looking at some of the moon pig cards on their website and I think this will certainly raise some smiles as I can personalise them so that they hold some meaning to the people I send them to.

happyone said...

I love homemade cards and will be making my Christmas cards this year too. I guess I'd better get started!!
I think a white and red Christmas sounds beautiful and I got a chuckle out of the action man on the way to the fairy!!

Eileen said...

I keep my favourite cards from year to year too, and always the handmade ones. I've decided not to send cards this year opting for a holiday letter with pictures from the past year the recipients can download off the internet -if they wish. For my dearest friends I've made stained glass snowflakes....I love your cards this year - I may have the kids at school make similar ones - thanks for the inspiration...