Tuesday, 25 November 2008

Losing the Plot!!!

Well here is proof that I'm losing the plot, I've started to knit dish cloths! It must be this empty nest thing I think....I am not a knitter but had an overwhelming desire to knit something the other day. I knew if I started something big like a jumper or something I wouldn't finish it, it would become a UFO in the cupboard, so the smallest thing I could think of was a dish cloth. Now I have nothing against anyone who wants to make everything and knit dish cloths till they look like them....but it's not really me.
Roll on when the boys get back and I'll spend all day washing smelly socks instead!...on the other hand dish cloths look quite attractive.....

5 comments:

Eileen said...

I love knitted dishcloths -I always tuck one into a gift or if the gift is small -I use them to wrap gifts in! They are always appreciated - and so easy to make !
Enjoy your day.....Eileen (it's been snowing all night here - very pretty outside)

montaguepiedaterre said...

Hello again ... been busy lately. Read about your son going off to the military and memories of the armistice. Marlene's father was in WWI and we stood on the place where he was when the armistice was signed 90 years ago. We stood there last year in France and it was very moving. I have taken up knitting as well. I use steel wool and just last week knit myself a gun.

Bovey Belle said...

I was given a lovelyt one recently (too nice to use really). But I have bought myself some dishcloth cotton, so just need to gear myself up - I am just NOT in a craft mood at present.

Mary said...

These are very popular here. I've never learned to knit! I bought some like these wrapped around home-made soaps for Christmas presents earlier this year....hope I can find them now!

Goosey said...

I've manage to make 6 of them now...I'm getting a bit carried away, but they do wash up a treat!