Saturday, 27 December 2008

New bins!

Well look what Father Christmas bought me! They feel so much lighter than my old metal ones...and the glass is clean! I can't wait to get out and try them but I have been on nights over Christmas so as yet haven't really used them apart from in the garden but I'm off now until Monday so I'll give it a go tomorrow.
I don't know if it's just easier to keep the fruit and veg outside as it's so cold at the moment but thought this looked festive outside the door of one of the cottages at Middlebere farm near Corfe Castle.

This is taken from Middlebere looking along the channel at Middlebere.


7 comments:

urbanextension said...

I'm jealous! Great bins... they should be great to use. I love Middlebere, probably more than Arne in a lot of ways. Always manage to see something there but usually not what I went out looking for. Hope you had a great Christmas. Jane

happyone said...

Great present!! I just love the picture of the door. Fabulous!!

Cheryl said...

Great bins Goosey.......you are going to have such fun with those.....I am completely envious, I desparately need some new ones.....have fun......The photograph of the door is really special, I love it....

MrsL said...

Nice present! Mine are WW2 bins, I like them, but I suspect they're not much good now, really LOL.
I kep the milk outside the backdoor in this weather when the fridge is full.

MrsL

Border Reiver said...

I've used Nikons for years, they're great bins. Well done Santa. Like Jane says Arne and middlebere are fab - I hope you will rise to the challenge... for fun!!

Mary said...

I would love to have a good pair of binoculars. These look great! Good for Father Christmas! I have 2 very old sets and would like some small enough to put in my pocket if possible. The animal in my post was a possum, America's marsupial. For some reason I had your blog saved on just one post and thought you weren't posting regularly :-) Will have to catch up now that I have it straightened out.

Mary said...

Just got to your book list at the bottom...I like some of the same things. I loved the whole Provincial Lady series but didn't recognize that other book by Delafield. Did you ever read the one by her daughter? I think her name was Dashwood..been a long while since I read it...but want to reread them all some day. Love McCall Smith's lady detective series. Love Fannie Flagg's books.