Saturday, 17 January 2009

Back to Swanage

A while back I did a blog on the paintings on the outside of this lovely little house in Swanage ( see May 24th 2008) but only today did I notice that there are more paintings on the wall outside the doors of the house on the left of this picture. It looks like the Purbeck countryside with the steam train running through which is apt as this house overlooks the station. Sorry I don't know how to link to the previous blog!
As we wandered around Swanage my husband was really trying to talk me into moving there, he likes it so much and I must admit you can see green hills all around which is very tempting. We drove round areas on the very edge of the small town, and one or two villages just outside and I have to say I can see what he means! The shops are mostly small and independant which is nice and from the village we looked at it would only take about half an hour to walk into town.

This is looking east, we went there this morning as the weather forecast is bad for tonight, gales, heavy rain and high winds! I think we had the best of the day. Oh well, off to batten down the hatches now before the storm and then off to a barn dance tonight with some friends.


7 comments:

Mary said...

I went back and looked at your other posts on those house paintings....what a wonderful idea and someone is talented.

dowhatyoulove said...

That looks like a nice area to visit, and possibly live..... did he talk you into it? Hope you all did well through the storm, and had an enjoyable time at the dance.

Andrew at Quicksilverbirds said...

Hi Goosey, if you wish to link to a blog, when writing your blog there's a hyperlink symbol by the formatting icons, like a figure of 8 but sideways. Copy the http: address to the posting you wish to likk, then in your blog type a word or phrase, highlight it, open the hyperlink and cut and past the http link into the hyperlink bok, then click OK, everything is then done for you.

I was down your way yesterday if you want a peek..

Andrew at Quicksilverbirds said...

PS: should have spell checked my posting... sorry.

Tricia said...

Hi Goosey - I can understand your OH's love of Swanage - the place I spent many childhood holidays. I can remember Studland Bay - when it had a great deal of sand and was much nicer than it is today - regrettably!

Joe said...

Hi, great posting and I really liked the shot of the sea. Very professional! Looks like it makes a nice visit

Bovey Belle said...

Aha - and has he persuaded you then Goosey? It's a lovely little town, and beautiful area.