Thursday, 1 January 2009

Interesting ways to destroy a Gingerbread house

This is a gingerbread house my daughter made from a kit for Christmas. It is not edible so we have decided to destroy it on Saturday...you must understand that I have a household with three men/boys in it and so putting it in the bin is not an option.
Ideas so far have been, blowing it up out in the garden, dropping it from a great height but the latest and most popular idea is to put a firelighter inside and make a hole in the chimney so smoke comes out...then letting it catch fire!
If you have any better ideas, do let me know...I will try and post the result after the great deed is done!...Although I think the boys may have made up their minds already!

9 comments:

Mary said...

Be sure to take videos! This sounds like something my husband would do.

Border Reiver said...

I think in the spirit of AA Milne, play Pooh Sticks with it, everyone in the family has a piece, and the first under the bridge wins, would make a great end to a cake, go out in style... and in the spirit of recycling, it'll be washed down the river to the sea...you never know it may be washed up somewhere exotic.

Greentwinsmummy said...

oo that made me laff!! I like the idea of blowing it up I must say but mebbes thats just the amoutn of Top Gear I have absorbed by some odd process of television osmosis...dad & hubby being fans argg! lol! lol!!
Do take photos,video!
GTM X XX

happyone said...

I like the fire idea! Hope you will be able to take a picture. :-)

Linda said...

I look forward to seeing and hearing the results of this project.

em's scrapbag said...

Your post made me laugh. With three boys of my own I really could relate. Can't wait to see what you and your men decide to do.

Jnette said...

Those are all great ideas! I think my girls would want to taste it, then chuck it,,, but then again I have girls :)

Border Reiver said...

Hi Goosey, thank's for your bird challenge comment, don't put yourself down, 19 is a respectable score, especially if working all the time. that's the ting with bird races, only those able to be out and about all the time can get above 60. Good luck with the blowing up session :-)

Eileen said...

I love the Pooh Sticks idea....but then the "boys" in my class always want to smash our annual gingerbread house with rolling pins - the more noise the better, pull off any edible candy, then chuck it in the garbage. This year one of them took home some chunks to give to his Rotweilers as chew toys -haven't heard how that went...have fun!