Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Sewing my own bit of Spring.

Yesterday down here it rained from morning till night, I know some areas are flooded but thankfully I live at the top of a hill... I did venture out for half an hour to walk Wrecks the dog but in the end we retreated home, both soggy and dejected!
So as it was an indoors day I decided to get creative and made this cushion cover to replace a rather tatty one in the lounge. The central cross stitch embroidery is done on 22 count aida, I found it in a frame in a charity shop ( I think that's a thrift store in the USA) it cost me 25p! It's a bit sad that someone called Anne has spent hours making that cross stitch, had it framed and dedicated it to her Mother according to the back of the picture, and it has ended up as a bit of old junk. Anyway I took it out of the frame and made it into this, and I'm pleased with the result.
This morning the rain has stopped and I had a wander in the garden and to my great pleasure the first frogs have arrived in the pond and the newts too, so spring is really on the way.

5 comments:

http://lavenderhouse.typepad.com said...

Hi

All the things we make will probably end up as junk too. I sort of dont mind. You know that they will float around in the world on a different journey than we imagined. Just think about how happy you are when you find a little treasure. I am always really glad to find other people's things - it is a good thing really - honest!

Looks very spring like by the way.

Love Emma xxxxx

Tattyanne said...

Lovely cushion Goosey, I am just going out to inspect my pond!!

MrsL said...

That' beautiful - good to give things a ne wlease of life.

MrsL

xx

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Glad to hear spring is on its way...I've certainly had enough of winter ;o)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I have been perusing yours and I love what I've seen so far....I'll definietly be back.

Well done on the cushion...I bet "Anne" where ever she is would be thrilled that you've given her work another lease of life.

happyone said...

Such a pretty little pillow.
Your right, they are called thrift stores here in the US.