Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Silly Snow Shots

As I'm sure there will be alot of amazingly good photos of the snow at the moment I decided to go out and take some silly snow shots. This chilly couple were sitting at the viewpoint looking over the town and out to sea ( another shot in a minute of these two)
. This is vaguely normal, taken at 05.30. having been awoken by Wrecks the dog barking because a fox was outside the back door....sort of "Get off my land" warning.

I hung the Christmas wreath on the tree for the birds, and very pretty it looks too but the birds don't use it. I might use this one on my Christmas cards next year...or maybe the snowy postbox.


Here's the snowpeople again.








The snow had started to thaw here so not as good as it could have been.





It seems you can order snow from Iceland on line now!






The award for the maddest postman goes to......click on the picture and you can see he's wearing shorts!







10 comments:

MrsL said...

Love the snow people!LOL

MrsL
xx

Andrew at Quicksilverbirds said...

I like silly shots Goosey, they're great, but I did resist having a peek at the postmans shorts, all a bit too much in this weather !!

Greentwinsmummy said...

I recognise the photos lol! My mil lives behind that pub!
I love the wreath photo that would be great for Xmas cards
GTM x x x

happyone said...

Oh I love your Christmas snowy wreath. That would be perfect for a Christmas card!
Cute snow couple. :-)
Brrrr - the postman's legs must be freezing.
There is a man who runs on the path where I used to live who wears shorts most of the winter. And guess what - he's from England! :-)

Cheryl said...

The snow people would also make a lovely Christmas card.....

The postman has got to be mad, but then, they always wear shorts, don't they? Why is that?

Tattyanne said...

I like the wreath picture best Goosey, it would make a lovely christmas card! I nearly called in at your house earlier!! I was attempting to come home, but the long road at the end of your road was impassible!! There were cars being left on the side of the road, unable to come up or go down the hill!! Thank God for four wheel drives!! Take care Tatty!!

Tattyanne said...

I like the wreath picture best Goosey, it would make a lovely christmas card! I nearly called in at your house earlier!! I was attempting to come home, but the long road at the end of your road was impassible!! There were cars being left on the side of the road, unable to come up or go down the hill!! Thank God for four wheel drives!! Take care Tatty!!

Bovey Belle said...

Lovely photos and fun snow-folks! Your postie is a NUTTER! We are threatened more tonight, so watch my blog for an overdose of snow pics.

Joe said...

Hi Goosey,

I loved this posting. The snow makes such good photos. We have had loads of snow too, and my school has been closed 2 days this week already, with tomorrow looking like it will be the third.

I have not got many snow shots yet, but with more snow forcast on Monday, I will probably get out there then.

http://lavenderhouse.typepad.com said...

That is such a funny post. It made me chuckle. Sad about all those dead tuftys!!!!

Love Emma xxxxxx