Monday, 11 May 2009

Weird and Wonderful recipes!

A few weeks ago my friend, 'Tattyanne'
popped in with this little book for me, she had picked it up somewhere and thought I would enjoy it. She was right! It was printed 36 years ago and has some wonderful recipes in it.

I think the Grandmothers Embrocation on this page is great! There are some very strange things, such as....

Gorse wine
Plank bread
Tomato marmalade
Divinity Fudge
Mangold wine
Pig curing
Dressmakers tripe
Beestings pudding

There are alot more too! Also there are some really nice sounding recipes and I hope to try some this week. The Lemon Meringue Pie sounds tempting.......

4 comments:

happyone said...

I love lemon meringue pie. We all loved it when my grandma would make us one.
I just can't seem to get the meringue not to shrink up.

Tattyanne said...

bionsofAhhh glad yoy enjoyed the book Goose. When can we meet up for coffee or a walk? You always seem to be on nights lately! Hope you and yours are all well. Tatty X

oldcrow61 said...

What a wonderful book. You must blog a recipe from time to time.

Bovey Belle said...

I bought my copy back around 1970 and it is definitely my Desert Island cookbook! I use it more than the other couple of hundred (I jest not) cook books I possess.