Sunday, 3 May 2009

When all the visitors have gone......

The trick to seeing places at their best is to go when very few people are around. I have been on nightshift this week so when I woke up yesterday (and not having to do any more shifts) we went out in the evening for a walk. The top picture is near Goathorn again and I took it last week after nights. By the way, I don't do nights all the time, in fact I mostly do day shifts, but I do feel a bit nocturnal lately!
This is where we walked last night, parked at the RSPB car park at Arne, most folk were getting in their cars to go home when we arrived so we had the place to ourselves pretty well. We walked towards the Middlebere channel and this seat just was the perfect place to spend a few minutes. Plenty of deer ambling about including a white one in the distance. We watched a pair of Linnets and a Stonechat singing from the top of the Gorse bushes, Shelduck on the water and those annoying Green Woodpeckers sounding like they are still laughing at me because I haven't seen one this year....yet!

4 comments:

urbanextension said...

That's my favourite bench! I love Arne and Middlebere, and I totally agree, it's best to get there when everyone is either going home (or not yet there). I haven't been out there this year yet... but now I have a yearning to go!

happyone said...

I totally agree - so much nicer without lots of people around.
Great view from that bench.

Menopausal musing said...

Last year we heard and saw loads of greenwoodpeckers here, I hadn't noticed their absence this year till I read your comment on your blog, their call is so distinctive isn't it? x

oldcrow61 said...

What a lovely time you must have had. I agree that it's so much nicer without lots of people around. Fortunately "our" beach down the road seldom has people on it and it's wonderful to have it all to ourselves.