Sunday, 7 June 2009

Baptism's in the sea Brrrrr!










Today 3 people in our Church were baptised in the sea, and it was a cold and rainy day. I'm not sure who was wettest, the baptism people or us stood on the beach! Mark was the first to declare his faith in Jesus and Ben (our Pastor) and Marks wife Rosie did the baptising. Now Rosie is a tiny little lady and the waves were buffeting her about, and prior to the service Rosie told me she "doesn't do cold!"

As you see it was a bit of a struggle with the waves and everything but Mark did go under!After Mark two young girls were baptised, Chloe and Verity watched by everyone from the Church on the beach to great cheers when they came up out of the water. Before this we had all had a shared lunch back at the Church.On the way back from the beach we stopped off to cheer my sons girlfriend on, in the 10k race, she's the girl in the grey T shirt getting soaked through. I think the rain was actually OK for them, it kept them cooler.
And now, at the end of the day the clouds have cleared and it's blue sky! So it was back to our house for a birthday tea for one of our son's. A busy day but really lovely too. Now...where's a darkened room I can lie down in !

4 comments:

Janet said...

I stopped by your other blog to see if you had an email address and . . . what a great day! Baptism in the cold sea is a true testament of faith. Our baptismal is heated. We're such wimps. By the way my Christmas Tree skirts were made over a 2 year period.

Elizabethd said...

That took great courage! We actually hosted a baptism in our swimming pool some years ago!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a beautiful header on your blog. I loved reading your blog today. It has been so much fun making new friends through the blog world. This is my fourth month to have a blog. I am amazed at all the unique and fun sites. I am posting about our recent Disney trip and have a couple more posts about our visit with the "Mouse" ....then I will have more than a few posts about a new "grandson" arriving in just a couple of weeks...

Mary said...

Wonderful! What a great way to be baptized and one you would always remember.