Saturday, 15 August 2009

Dorset wanderings

Just one or two pictures of recent Dorset wanderings, the first being Dewlish Church not too far from Dorchester. Look at that huge bean row in front of the tower!

Saw this lovely sky up on Whiteways hill a few nights ago. That pink is almost fluorescent!


The evening light over this field made it look golden and later there was a lovely full moon over it.

I'm off for a BBQ today at Holten Lee...there is a great bird hide there on the edge of the harbour....I have seen 99 different birds this year, maybe I will see that elusive 100th bird! It's our church annual BBQ and fun day, lazing about day, playing rounders/cricket/hide and seek and treasure hunts for the children day.

3 comments:

Andrew at Quicksilverbirds said...

Hi Goosey, I'd wondered how you were getting on with your bird tally, I've got my fingers crosed the 100th is up for grabs tonight - don't BBQ it though :-)

happyone said...

Lovely photos. Hope you see that 100th!
Hope you had a fun time today.

Elizabethd said...

What beautiful photos, especially the sunset.