Thursday, 20 August 2009

Evening walks in the cool of the evening

It's been so hot in the day that the dog isn't impressed by the idea of a walk, so we have waited until evenings and what a lovely time of day it is.... cooler, the light is nice and pleasant to walk in. The farmer across the river in the first picture was busy getting all the baling done, he had obviously heard the same forecast as us for today, showers (which haven't happened!).

Our daughter tried to entice Wrecks
the dog to take a dip, he wouldn't go any deeper than this...he's such a lightweight!!!This cow was curious about Wrecks and crept as near as she dare for a better look!


In the afternoon we visited a farm shop to get a few bits and saw this lovely little donkey foal. It's a new farm shop opened by HM the Queen a couple of months ago. I won't be going back despite this little cutie as they let cars park in the farmyard where the cafe is, which wasn't pleasant at all when the cars came in or out.
Also it seemed to be a certain sort of person who shopped there, not country folk, rather the wealthy townie who is looking for a different type of food stuff. The staff were friendly but I got called 'madam' a few to many times! You probably think I'm very fussy now!
We have trawled around several farm shops lately and some are lovely, the staff friendly and knowledgeable and really nice provisions on offer, still good job there is a choice because the ones I like may not be to other peoples tastes!





4 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Wonderful to be able to stroll by the river on a warm evening.
No, I think I would have found the farm shop a bit 'overdone'!

Bovey Belle said...

I am about to take an evening stroll, although it will be up along the valley lane so no-where exciting. I have shot myself in the foot over not changing my e-mail addy on Blogger and now can't get into my original blog. I have had to start a new one: http://codlinsandcream2.blogspot.com/

I hope you will pop in sometimes.

Teresa said...

Your pictures are always so wonderful to see. Thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

What a lovely place to live.