Friday, 25 September 2009

Inspired by colour and knitting!

This is what happens when you get inspired by someones elses work in a book you happen to pick up in the library.....
You spend a couple of hours trawling round the charity shops hunting through the leftover wool baskets, and come up with this little selection of earthy colours. Even the needles are from the Charity shop, I'm not a knitter really so I don't have alot of stuff about.
Before you know it you are knitting a scarf for the chilly winter to come! Getting carried away with colour and the freedom to put in whatever colour you like (or that you can get hold of!) ......I've been on night shift for the last two nights and my break has been spent clicking needles instead of dozing!

5 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Very nice colours, it will be warm and cosy!

Louise said...

I love all the different colours of your scarf! This has inspired me to use up all of my left over wool. I wish we had charity shops over here that had stashs of wool you could buy.

Karen said...

Such pretty colors make a pretty scarf.
I see that you don't have your craft blog any more.

Bovey Belle said...

Something out of nothing - I like that and how pretty that is. Last winter I knitted small squares of leftover wool into a lap-quilt for my eldest daughter, and backed it with quilt batting and then a warm flannel material.

Teresa said...

Well, you look like a knitter to me - nice scarf. I enjoyed your pictures in the previous post and Yes, I saw everything you saw,