Friday, 9 October 2009

Knitting and Stitching in London

In a random way my friend Suzie ( and Goaty, seen here on a blue post outside)and I decided to go to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace yesterday. We had never been before but as Susie grew up in the road just behind the Palace she was keen to see the exhibition and to catch up with her Uncle who she hadn't seen for 20 years!
I need to say that the goat in the picture is a member of the team on the Palliative Care unit where Suzie and I work and often goes with staff on their holidays or on days out!...and of course always likes a picture of the occasion. I think this is his first time in cyberspace too!
I left home at 05.20 am and made it to the exhibition at midday, we spent ages in a traffic jam on the M25 all because a lorry driver had forgotten to fill his truck up with diesel and so caused a huge jam, our National Express coach was very delayed because of it. It was a shame as we missed 2 hours and hence didn't get around all the rooms.
Alexandra Palace is a beautiful old building and has plenty of inspiration of it's own. It was worth the hassle to get there.


This life size boat was knitted and all the creatures in the next picture were around it, all knitted too.

See Nemo at the back!What about these colours...I could have seriously overspent......maybe I did!



This is not a drawing but done in thin black thread.




Ohhhhhh, wonderful colours.





But this has to be the most inspiring window, I think I may try to recreate it in patchwork sometime.
Next time I will put some pictures on of what tempted me!














4 comments:

Elizabethd said...

What wonderful things to see. The boat is unbelievable, knitted???

Bovey Belle said...

What a wonderful day out (I'm sure that Goaty enjoyed it too!) What beautiful wools, and how I wish I could knit my girls those beautiful shawls . . . Stunning. And that BOAT. Oh my . . .

Teresa said...

Amazing architecture and wonderful colors - thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

That knitted boat is amazing and I love the picture of the girl.
Sounds and looks like a great place to spend the day!!