Monday, 12 October 2009

What came home with me from the Knitting & Stitching show..and what's this insect?

Does anyone know what this little insect is? It was on our car yesterday and I can't remember what it is although I have seen one before I'm sure.

As promised here are the bits I bought at the Knitting and Stitching Show last week..........Rowan fabric, I've got 2 quilts to make, one for my mother for Christmas, she has asked for another lap quilt, and one for our Pastor and his wife who are expecting their first baby in January.

More wool than you would know what to do with! I just bought this one but could have got really carried away.

A Rowandean kit of a lavender field, it doesn't look very colourful in the picture but I saw one made up at the show and it was very bright. My friend bought two kits!

Some scraps that I don't know what I will use them for yet but probably to embellish a landscape patchwork.
This is really good silk waste which will embellish a sea scene I think
A book to inspire me, I love Sally Holman's stuff anyway.

There is no special reason to buy a Kaffe Fassett book...but I can't resist his stuff.
That should be enough to keep me busy over the winter months!
















8 comments:

Karen said...

I have never seen that kind of insect before and I'd like to know what it is too.
You bought some very nice yarn - such pretty colors.
I have never made a quilt but I think I might finally give it a try.
I'm going to put a sewing machine on my wish list for Christmas this year.

Bovey Belle said...

I'm 98% sure it's a moth, but we've just moved all the natural history books downstairs, so I will check and report back.

Oooh - lots of gorgeous goodies from the knitting and stitching show. I would have bought a very similar selection to you! Happy crafting.

Bovey Belle said...

Yup - it's a White Plume moth - my little book on moths and butterflies shows we found one in our garden back in 1996! http://ukmoths.org.uk/show.php?bf=1513

Elizabethd said...

Lovely colours in the wools, just right for creating something beautiful.

Goosey said...

Thank's BB, I didn't really know where to look to find out what it was, I did have a vague idea that it may be a moth of some sort.Thanks again!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

If that's a moth...then perhaps it was feasting at the knitting and stitching show (wool?)

For you a knitting show...for the moth...a food festival!! :o)

Sue Wild said...

Nice to see your pics of the K & S show in London, something for me to look forward to when I visit the show at Harrogate at the end of November.

Nice to see pics of Dorset too. I'm now in West Yorkshire but lived in Poole until last year.

Best wishes

Sue

solomi558 said...

I bought lovely felt from 21st century yarns at the Birmingham quilt show , I must remember the scrim--cottonreel