Sunday, 29 November 2009

It seems I am not the only one to think that the tree in our town is a poor show! on my last blog I put a photo I had taken of it.....and now the Daily papers have seen it too! All for 'Health & Safety', the council are worried someone might trip over a guy rope and sue them! The world has gone mad and we have become a 'nanny state'. People never used to think of suing other folk for an accident, you took it as part of life. My son's have always been very adventurous, in fact one of them went out to an island in a boat the night before last and spent the night sleeping in the undergrowth with a friend, they climbed trees, got freezing cold, wet and filthy dirty but they had an adventure and his memories will stay for ever . Life is a risk and it will be very boring of we are mollycoddled so much we can't enjoy it.

The Christmas windows are appearing, ahhhh.


A friend from work played Mrs Beaver in the play "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe"in a local Church. Isn't that a good costume? I hope she doesn't mind appearing on here....but you wouldn't recognise her! It was a really good show and I really enjoyed it.


Lastly, this is our tiny lounge today...but I have a holiday this week so I will be painting it, putting new curtains up, new light fitting and new carpet in, so goodbye to the raspberry pink and cream and hello to.........wait and see!

5 comments:

brightandnew said...

Hmmm, it's not the prettiest of Christmas trees, is it? In fact, it's not the most tree-like of Christmas trees, either. OK, it is a rather daft idea and just plain ugly! Hopefully, next year, your local council will have a re-think!

Looking forward to seeing how the room looks when you have finished - I do love that raspberry colour that you have at the moment, though :)

Elizabethd said...

What a sad tree that is! I think it was also on Television as being a very odd tree.

bellaboo said...

Oooh...looking forward to seeing your sitting room makeover!
Love your woodburning stove.
Think local councils are on another planet to the rest of us!!

Bellaboo

Karen :-) said...

That tree is pretty sad!!
I totally agree with you about the suing issue. It is a different world than the one I grew up in!!

Great costume and I love your cozy room.
Like the color you chose too.

Eli said...

Oh my goodness that turf tree really takes the biscuit! I must remember that next year and create one for the sitting room....it'll smell gorgeous!!!!!! The world is goung mad.