Saturday, 7 November 2009

A quilt in the making and leaf people

This is the start of a quilt top that I am making for my Mother for Christmas this year. She has asked for another quilt as they have moved into a flat this year and the colours are greenish/blue in their new bedroom. She hasn't seen the fabrics I have chosen and wants it to be a surprise on Christmas day ( luckily she doesn't look on blogs and doesn't know I blog so it should be a secret).
The idea for this top came from a Kaffe Fassett book I bought a few weeks ago and I have used a few Rowan fabric in it too. The fabric with lace bobbins on it is to denote my Mums love of lace making and the fairies because she loves them too!

These little leaf people are an idea from someones else's blog ( if anyone has seen something similar please let me know so that I can credit them for their work). Unfortunately I don't remember whose it was. Anyway I went for a walk and picked up the leaves to make these little people...fun aren't they!

5 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Your mum will love that quilt - it's so pretty. I really need to do some more on the hand-sewn hexagons, especially as I have a pattern for machine-sewn quilt and a dear friend is sending me some fabric.

The leaf people are fun!

solomi558 said...

Hello Goosey thankyou for visiting my site, we seem t have some common interests,
1, poldark-- I have never seen the full series on t,v . a neighbour taped itbut its on about 10 d,v,dsand I cannot get them in order .
2 P,quilting,
3 I love leaves . I went to the hairdressers with my friend , she was being done 1st so I went a walk . I found the prettiest pink leaf , like a maple leaf and took it back as a pressy for my friend to use as a bookmark
4 I had need of the nurses for pallative care 4 yrs ago, they were absolutely wonderful------------cottonreel

ROZ said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your leaf people are so cute

Karen said...

The quilt is beautiful and I'm sure you mum will love it.
Your leaf people are adorable.

Magia da Inês said...

Olá amiga!
Passei para rever seu cantinho... tudo de bom!
Lindo, criativo e inspirador!
Belas fotos!
Parabéns e sucesso sempre!..
Aguardo a sua visitinha...
magiadaines.blogspot.com
Uma ótima semana!
Beijinhos carinhosos.
Itabira - Brasil