Thursday, 7 January 2010

At last!

At last...the snow has reached our bit of Dorset! I was beginning to feel a little left out when I saw how much snow some areas have. This little snowman has appeared on a gatepost opposite our house, I think he's nicer than a giant snowman!
My son walked through the woods near us and took a few pictures. I know we have less snow than alot of you have but it was fun anyway. My son's girlfriend lives and works between Reading and Basingstoke and they have alot there, she cannot get to work and they have closed the place down as no-one can get there.
I am due to go on night shift for two nights from tomorrow and am a little worried as I live at the top of a steep hill and they forecast alot more snow, I will probably walk and maybe ask my parents if I can sleep at their place during the day as they live near work. It's not so much the snow that's a problem but the ice.
Very pleased to have a pair of Song Thrushes visiting the garden every day at the moment, had a flock of Long Tailed Tit's also.

4 comments:

brightandnew said...

That snowman is really cute!

I think you are very wise to sleep at your parents if the weather is bad - take care x

bellaboo said...

Glad the snow has finally reached you.I'm getting fed up with it now,as been stuck in for two days...the car won't budge,and the paths are so icy.It all looks so beautiful though.Enjoy and take care!

Bellaboo

Happyone :-) said...

What a cute little snowman!!
Ice is so much worse than snow, once you start sliding there is just nothing you can do.

Crunchy Christian Mom said...

How beautiful! If it makes you feel better, you have WAY more snow than we do! :)