Saturday, 23 January 2010

A baby is born and a quilt completed

Just in time! I finished this cot quilt last night and the baby arrived today! A baby daughter for our pastor and his wife, their first baby. She's about 3 hours old now. The quilt is entirely hand-made as my machine is still not returned so every stitch was sewn by hand. Click on the picture to see the fabrics better. I am going to embroider her name in the middle next to the flower but need the name to be confirmed....I think it will be Isabella.
I took this picture on an old roof, trying to be 'arty' but I think the daylight was a bit too bright and the colours don't show up.
We had lunch out at a pub called The Scott Arms in Kingston,Purbeck, overlooking Corfe Castle and I took the picture in the car park on an old roof which goes down to ground level....co-incidentally the new father was once the landlord of this pub...before he became our Pastor! My husband meanwhile tried to pretend he was not with me while I was draping quilts over a car park!

13 comments:

Elizabethd said...

It's beautiful, so feminine. Just right for a baby girl.

bellaboo said...

That baby is very lucky,it's beautiful! I love all the Beatrix Potter characters.It will be a family heirloom one day.
Hubby and I went to that pub a few years back and were stunned by the amazing view of Corfe Castle.

Bellaboo

Bovey Belle said...

What a beautiful quilt - pretty name too.

I know the Scott Arms SO WELL. In my walking days it was our favourite spot to head for - either to or from the Square and Compass at Worth Matravers . . . Happy days.

Kath said...

This is adorable, you must be very proud. I'm sure it will be received with great pleasure.

aromatic said...

Just popped onto your blog and I have to say that is the most beautiful quilt I have ever seen!! Its adorable and the recipient is going to be a very lucky little girl!! Your talent is truly wonderful and I am in complete awe of you!!
Jane xxx

Helen said...

Wow...that is a beautiful quilt:-)

Goosey said...

Thank you all for your kind comments about the quilt, I have enjoyed making it very much.Its interesting that Bovey Belle and Bellaboo both know the Scott Arms, the view is stunning from the pub and we managed to get that nice table by the patio window overlooking the castle!

Teresa said...

What a beautiful quilt and all the time you must have put into with the hand sewing. I like your background for the picture - nice contrast of the hard rough stone look with the soft sweet quilt.

Happyone :-) said...

So glad you got in finished in time. It is beautiful and all done by hand too. I'm sure it will be treasured always.
Congratulations to your pastor and his wife. :-)

Morning's Minion said...

What dainty, pretty fabrics. You are braver than I--I'd be lost making quilts without my sewing machine.

crafty cat corner said...

What an achievement to make it all by hand, but I bet the end result looks a lot different some-how from a machined quilt.
Lovely pastel colours and the name will just finish it off.
Just Beautiful.
Briony

Beth said...

Lovely fabric choices and beautiful hand quilting! What a lucky baby to receive such a gorgeous quilt to snuggle in!

Robyn said...

Congrats to your Pastor and his wife and their new baby...
..and such a beautiful quilt..it will be treasured!!

Lol... I'm so glad you like BJ the cat and yes it's interesting... "the what's next ideas"
there are plenty... I suspect the PG boat
Thaanks for stopping by!