Saturday, 30 January 2010

Chilly walking and the final bit of the quilt.

Well, here is the final bit of the quilt...the baby's name is to be Gracie Ann (not Isabella as I had thought!) It's gone now to it's new home although the Mum and baby are not there yet as there have been a few difficulties..but hopefully soon.
It was chilly walking yesterday but very pretty in the winter sunshine, the cottage looks so inviting.
This road leads to the little church of St Stephens, it has a very long lane up to it, behind me there is at least the same distance of tree lined road.
Just another view of the green and trees at Pamphill in the dappled winter light.
Well I'm off to Taunton in Somerset today to collect my sewing machine which has been at the repairers for a few months now, looking forward to it very much. I have 2 night shifts this week then a week off, so I'll be catching up on my sewing....I have stacks of stuff ready to be sewn together!

5 comments:

bellaboo said...

The quilt will be so appreciated,it's beautiful!
Very cold here this morning but beautiful blue sky,so when Mr Boo gets back from work at lunchtime,we'll be off for a nice walk by the sea...well wrapped up!
Enjoy your weekend..and that week off!

Bellaboo

Elizabethd said...

What a lovely area you live in.
Your quilt looks so pretty, and I'm sure will be treasured.

Kath said...

So pretty, I'm sure Mum and Baby will love it.

Teresa said...

A beautiful landscape! Thank you for sharing the picture. And the quilt is just adorable.

Happyone :-) said...

I hope the baby and mom will be home soon.
I love the picture of the cottage among the trees!!