Friday, 1 January 2010

New Year walking round Poole harbour

What a fantastic day to start the New Year! We stayed up last night to see the New Year in, friends came round and we spent the evening playing on the Wii.....much hilarity! While half the country were sleeping off last nights excesses the day opened up to be wonderful. Not too many people about early I think, but later a few hardy's ventured out underneath coats, scarves, gloves and hats.

We walked along the beach to Redhorn Quay which is on the other side of the harbour looking to Brownsea Island. There is no quay there now but the signs of past activity are showing.This little robin was all puffed up in the gorse but we also saw Avocet,Oystercatchers, Redshank, Dunlin, Shelduck, Teal, Wigeon, Brent Geese, Grey Plover, Curlew and Buzzard.

Stopped at Corfe Castle on the way back for a cup of tea (no luck, tearoom full!) so had a walk instead and watched the steam train on it's way back to Swanage.
No resolutions this year but 5 goals a month!
Goals for January;
1.Declutter every room.
2. Make a baby quilt for a baby due soon.
3.Lose 8 lbs in weight.
4.Don't use the microwave.
5.Walk for at least half an hour daily.

3 comments:

Kath said...

Hello Goosey! I'm so happy you came to visit my Blog, as now I have foud yours and I love what I see here. I htink we have a lot of interests in common and I look forward to following you throughout 2010, very best wishes Kath

Itch2stitch.com said...

Happy new year! xxx

Happyone :-) said...

Doing some catch up reading on my favorite blogs. Enjoyed yours as always. :-)
Hope you get your 1/2 walk a day in!