Friday, 8 January 2010

Staying home and baking...and enjoying it!

As it's so cold at the moment and we are being told not to go out if we don't need to, I have been staying in and actually enjoying it!. I have been hand sewing a quilt for a baby due in three weeks and baking biscuits and puddings.
These Empire biscuits I saw made on the The Hairy Bikers by a lovely Scottish lady and her daughter (catch it on iplayer if you like) They scored very highly with the family!

This lovely tin was a Christmas present from my parents, it's really heavy and solid.

This is what came out of it, pineapple upsidedown pudding which was served with "lashings of custard" in true Enid Blyton fashion!
Back to work tonight so no more messing about trying to be a Domestic Godess!


4 comments:

Kath said...

OOh I love the upside down pudding! I just love puddings in general, old fashioned ones that line your boots and with "lashings of custard" yummee!

bellaboo said...

Perfect tummy warmer! New year diet's gone out of the window.Love the pretty plate!

Bellaboo

Elizabethd said...

Pineapple upside down pudding! It's years since I made on, my children used to love it!

Happyone :-) said...

Yummy!! Wish I lived close enough to stop by for one, a cup of tea and a nice visit. :-)
I like to bake on cold snowy days too.