Thursday, 4 February 2010

Spring is on it's way....

I am often amazed to find that even though I live in the heart of a large town,..conurbation really, there is always a little bit of the natural world to enjoy.

Having spent a lovely afternoon sewing with four friends from church and drinking tea I walked home through these woods. The birds were singing well, maybe spring is on it's way soon....
You can hear traffic all the time but
when I wander through these woods I can tune the sounds out a bit and just hear the birdsong and the urban sounds fade away. When you get to the top there is viewpoint which looks over the harbour, you can see the ferry in this picture but in the next month all passenger sailing will cease from this Port. The most exciting thing in this picture is the tree in the middle with catkins all over it, spring is on the way!





5 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

The birds in my garden are absolutely CONVINCED that spring is coming, as yesterday they were making such a clamour, and the little blue tits are flying in paired loops!

bellaboo said...

I love to walk in the woods.You somehow feel at one with nature.
Yes everything is starting to 'come to life' again!

Bellaboo :)

Kath said...

What a lovely place, you could be miles from the town. I particularly liked the gnarled old roots of the tree.

Happyone :-) said...

I know what you mean about the beauty in nature even living in a city. I live between two major cities, Washington DC and Baltimore, Md and yet have that beautiful lake to walk around and all the paths. :-)
Spring sure isn't starting here. Another snow storm predicted starting later today. 1 - 2 FEET!! Very unusual for us to have this much snow!!
I love your header photo!!

Teresa said...

Ah Spring...I can harldy wait. Thanks for shring the nice pictures.