Saturday, 27 March 2010

Bluebell woods, slightly early!

This is my latest offering in the landscape pictures. Last year I went to a quilt show in Exeter and went to a workshop by a lady whose name escapes me now, but we started on this picture of bluebell woods.
I don't know why I chose this workshop really as I already do a lot of landscape pictures and maybe I should have chosen a workshop I knew nothing about! However it's good to see what others are doing, this is from the kit the lady had made up and was started at the exhibition.
I have strayed off her guidelines quite a bit, when I got home I got carried away with the embellishments.
On the family front all is good, my eldest son has just got an amazing job with a very good company that he hardly dared hope he could get. My younger son who has been out of work and very down about it, refusing to sign on as he didn't want to live off the state, has been interviewed for the job his brother is leaving and has got it!...it's his 18th birthday on Tuesday, the best present he could have!

3 comments:

bellaboo said...

I love bluebells and that is a great picture! Congratulations to your sons too.
Have a lovely weekend...you'll be celebrating!

Bellaboo :0)

brightandnew said...

That picture is beautiful! You are so clever!

Great news that your son has found work :o)

Happyone :-) said...

I really like the landscape pictures that you make. I think I'll give doing that a try one of these days.

Good news about your two sons. Best of luck to them in their new jobs!!