Sunday, 7 March 2010

I plan to.......

I have a plan to hold a garden party at the end of May, when the roses will be beginning to open and the garden looking good...(hopefully!)
I plan to raise some money for my daughter and 9 others from Church to go to India in August and work on several things including working with the street children there.
I plan to serve tea in china cups and saucers and make home-made cakes served on china plates.
I plan to have tables with embroidered cloths on and little posies of flowers.
I plan to sell my quilts and quilt pictures and quilted cards, painted cards, scented sachets and drawstring bags, and maybe some other stuff too.
I plan to be busy!
I will be praying for it to be a success.
I will be praying for a sunny and warm day...with no wind!
I will be praying for the 10 going to India.
I will be praying.
I would welcome any advice from anyone who has done this sort of thing already!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Good luck with all those plans! Thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog. I'd love to reply to your comments but your blog settings aren't set up to allow your email to show so people can respond to you. If you change it, I will write back! :)

Happyone :-) said...

That sounds delightful! I will pray along with you. I wish I could attend. :-)
Thanks for your comment!

Teresa said...

I have never done anything like that, but I pray for your success and for safety in travel for your daughter.

Bovey Belle said...

Good luck with this - I am sure it will be a huge success (as long as it doesn't rain . . .) Cup cakes are essential now they are so fashionable . . .

Goosey said...

Thank you for your comments, there will be cup cakes BB, and lemon cake, and shortbread and...I can feel the calories gathering already!
Happyone...it's too far for you to come but you will see the pictures and pretend you are there!

bellaboo said...

I do hope the sun will shine down on you for your garden party,and that you will raise lots of money for that trip to India.
I see that Wrecks loves water as much as Bella does.The trouble is she gets confused because sometimes we're shouting...'NO!.. not in the muddy puddle Bella',but then allowing her in the stream to clean off!!

Bellaboo :O)

notesfromthefrugaltrenches said...

I'll start praying for them too! Such a great piece of work they are doing a great way to serve Christ and build character!