Monday, 22 March 2010

The best gift...time

On Mothers day last week I had the best gift, time! My two son's gave me a whole 8 hour day each working on the garden. This is obviously the 'before' picture! They dug the borders, cleared the ponds, replaced all the stones around the ponds and hacked back all the overgrown stuff. We had let the garden go as we have had look look after my parent-in-laws garden and get it up to scratch to sell their house so we ignored ours until it got so bad that I didn't know where to start!Anyway it's alot better and although there is alot to do still it feels like "Ground Force" has been in and done their bit!
My daughter gave me a Clemitis to grow in the newly sorted garden and a gift of money to help people in Africa learn to make compost and fertilisers, what a great idea.

We went for a walk at Arne yesterday evening and in the car park was this insect house...or maybe high rise flats, some really good ideas here.

This is the view over the islands in Poole Harbour, lots of deer and birds about.
Lastly here is the Hebridean picture from the last post after it had come back from the framers. Not a great photo as the light is reflecting on it a bit, but you get the idea!
I'm working on a fabric picture of a bluebell wood at the moment.




7 comments:

Elizabethd said...

What a brilliant idea for a gift!

Kath said...

What lovely sons you have! I did smile, because my son started digging me a pond. 3 years later,I now have half a hole :D
Your picture looks smashing, I look forward to seeing youe bluebells.

Happyone :-) said...

What a wonderful gift!! :-)

Your fabric picture looks great framed.

bellaboo said...

I think I need your sons over here to 'fix' our garden!
My OH never seems to have time.
Love the picture,the frame's just perfect.

Bellaboo :o)

notesfromthefrugaltrenches said...

Oh so true!

myfrenchkitchen said...

I love your beautiful header! and all that hard working and digging make for hungry people, I'm sure!
ronelle

ChrisJ said...

I've just been wandering through your blog. Came here from my sister's (Kaybee). Lovely photos of English countryside. I neverr get tired of looking at them. We were born in England, and though happy where we are I do miss the countryside. Beautiful photos.