Friday, 16 April 2010

First picnic of 2010 and another textile landscape done.

It was a bit nippy yesterday but my daughter, one of my son's, myself and Wrecks the dog decided it was time for the first picnic of the year. I had been to a friends house in the morning as it is her 50th birthday and her daughters made tea and home-made cakes for her friends to celebrate (very English!) it was lovely but a good walk was needed before a picnic! The picture above is one of the the windows in Moreton Church, the glass in all the windows are etched rather than stained glass as is traditional in the UK. Click on the picture for a better look.
This one is of the constellations, they are absolutely beautiful.
The more supple members of the family had fun ....
and eventually achieved the handstand!
This is the latest textile picture finished last night, now I've started a beach hut picture, if you are interested go across to my handmade blog. Or click on the link under my profile on the sidebar.




6 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Beautiful window, and equally beautiful textile picture.

bellaboo said...

We went to a flower festival at that wonderful little church when we had a break in Dorset a few years ago.Laurence of Arabia is buried there.I thought then how unusual the windows were.I love picnics and can't wait to have my first one!

Bellaboo :0)

Happyone :-) said...

Cakes and tea sounds lovely and very English! :-)
The etched glass is very pretty. I like it a lot.

brightandnew said...

The church windows are very unusual, but very beautiful. In an episode of The Vicar Of Dibley she needs to replace a church window and ends up using clear glass rather than stained, saying something along the lines of stained glass being beautiful but nothing is as beautiful as Gods own creation (which the clear glass allowed you to see). For some reason that always stayed with me, and it came straight to mind the moment I opened your blog and saw those pictures - beautiful windows and a beautiful view of creation beyond.

The textile picture is lovely.

Kath said...

Love the textile panel- Lovely work.

Eli said...

Hi, thanks for poppping in. What a lot of gorgeous things to sdmire on your blogs. I love your 'scene stitching', what a talent you have. You've temped me to make a willowy structure in the garden, something I've fancied doing for a long while!