Wednesday, 28 April 2010

A walk in the dunes

Last week I went for a walk with my youngest son around the inside of Poole Harbour. We crossed from Sandbanks to Poole on the Sandbanks chain ferry as walking passengers. Then rather than following all the other people who toddled off to the beach at Studland we went the other way and followed the inner harbour for a few miles as far as we could go. In the first 2 hours of walking we didn't pass another person. Ed's attempt to recreate the Titanic scene was slightly disturbing!

This was very exciting, lots of tracks crossing the path, of sand lizards. We managed to find one basking in the sun but I wasn't quick enough to get a picture of it. What surprised me was how brilliantly coloured they are, it was emerald green, so beautiful and also bigger than I had thought too.

We crossed the road and came back through the dunes and back to the ferry, and back to the town again.
This last picture shows....well I tried to take a photo for the header of the blog of Primroses BUT Wrecks chose to sit on them just as I clicked!
I watched the wonderful Monty Hall in the Hebrides on TV last week with his dog Reuben who he referred to as "a tail with an idiot hanging off it".......seems to sum Wrecks up! We love him really!




4 comments:

bellaboo said...

Went to that area last year and loved it! We always walk in the opposite direction to everyone else when we go to the beach and usually have it all to ourselves too!
Aaaw,Wrecks,what are they saying about you?!!
Bella usually stands right infront of the TV so you can't work the remote...it's like they know!

Bellaboo :0)

Happyone :-) said...

Such a nice walk you had.
Love the picture of Ed!

Dartford Warbler said...

I love the photo of your son on "Titanic"!

Good to hear that you saw a sand lizard. It is a while since I last saw one (it was basking on the cliffside at Bournemouth). They are beautiful creatures.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I see you got your primrose banner picture :o)...though that last picture is cute!