Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Is it just me, or are there more dandelion seeds flying around this year? Walking last night the sides of the path are carpeted with thick layers of them. This spiders web was prettily festooned with them too.
One of my son's had a touring bike for his 18th birthday about 6 weeks ago and he's really enjoying it too. Last week he cycled down to Devon (about 60 miles each way) and slept in a bluebell wood!
Yesterday he cycled up to Burnham-on-Sea as he wanted to see Wales across the water. That's about 160 mile round trip! He really enjoyed the Somerset Levels and this time slept in a old overgrown footpath but the dawn chorus woke him at some unearthly hour so he set off early and has arrived home again.
He's going to save up for some panniers to go on the front of the bike to even out the rear panniers. I can hardly even lift the bike, and it's a steel frame too!
Lovely walk along by White Mill at Sturminster Marshall the other night, the Mayfly hatch is well underway now. Saw and heard a Cuckoo ( second time this year). Several Kingfisher sightings and a Reed Bunting too. The fields are full of Buttercups and Cow parsley, it's all heaven to me.




5 comments:

Kath said...

I don't know about dandelion seeds, but when I returned from our walk in the woods last night, I was covered in tiny caterpillers!

brightandnew said...

The dandilion seeds look so beautiful in the web! What a lovely photo.

Happyone :-) said...

Interesting web with the dandelion seeds in it.
Your son is quite handsome!!
The swan is beautiful.
I see you found Ruta. I've enjoyed reading her blog for quite awhile now.

Happyone :-) said...

Have a very Happy Birthday!!! :-)

I hope the weather is cooperating for you today.

Goosey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.