Friday, 4 June 2010

These early summer evenings are just perfect for strolling and enjoying the insect filled, scented dusk. Walking with wrecks the dog last night was pretty near perfect!
Bank holiday Monday saw us back at Corfe Castle, partly to get my birthday present and partly so we could see this train running through from the main line (which is, I am told quite rare!)Here it is going across Corfe Common where I reclined and read a book while we waited.
I like this little bit of garden outside a cottage in the village and would like to sit in the chair.
When I walked through the park on my way to work I saw this Cormorant at about 7am in the misty light before the sun had burned through. He's there nearly every day.
The birthday gift I went to get at the Boilerhouse gallery in Corfe Castle was a hand carved wood kingfisher made by a chap called Bruno Channon. I had arranged that I would go and look this weekend but unfortunately for me they had all sold, and he had put three there on Friday! I spoke to him and he is going to make 2 more and I can choose which one I would like....and I get to choose the wood I like, which is better really. Sort of bespoke! I have chosen Oak and Yew, I was born on Oak Apple day and I love Oak trees, and Yew is just such an old and beautiful coloured wood.
I did however get these two bird feeders that you see hanging from the Oak tree in our garden, they were outside a cottage and only £2.50! The notice said "Put money through letterbox", this was a bit tricky as he had nailed up the letterbox in his door! Anyway we forced it through and the neighbour said he would tell him it was there!






4 comments:

bellaboo said...

That picture of the cormorant is stunning! Lovely to see Corfe and the steam train...I miss Dorset :0(

Bellaboo :0)

Quicksilvercountry said...

I absolutely love that first photo of the sun through the trees Lynn... fabulous.

Happyone :-) said...

I love the train pictures.
Just goes to show you that you always have room for some kind of a garden. It is small but so pretty.
Nice bird feeders. Hope you get your present soon. Something nice to look forward to.
Have a great weekend.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Your pictures are picture perfect...just like the weather we've had this week.

Shame we have to get back to the real world next week...I'm having too much fun!