Sunday, 29 August 2010

Whilst walking Wrecks the dog the other day we were enjoyed wandering around on the Purbeck...when all of a sudden a tank fired in the distance. The army tank training area is in Dorset, and Wrecks does not appreciate this at all. In fact he sat down and faced the way back to the car! His body language says "I'm not going anywhere!" So we headed home for tea!
Spotted this moth on the window the other day, I don't know what it is but just in awe of the amazing colouring and how well it would be camouflaged on a tree.

5 comments:

bellaboo said...

I bet Wrecks doesn't like thunder either.Lovely pic of the moth..nature is amazing isn't it?

Bellaboo :o)

Kath said...

What a beautiful moth, this one looks like antique lace. Poor old Wrecks, my 2 can't abide thunder or fireworks.

Happyone :-) said...

Wrecks does look determined not to go on!!
Great photo of the moth!

The Wessex Reiver said...

Your moth looks like a wave species (Geometridae moths), but sadly I can't quite guess which one.

Happyone :-) said...

Just stopping in to say Hi. I miss your posts!! It's been a while.
Hope all is well with you.