Sunday, 14 November 2010

Autumn has come and gone and I'm back!

Autumn has come.....and nearly gone and I have been very remiss about the blog. So a short look back to what has been going on. The beautiful colours of the trees at Stourhead enjoyed on November 1st, a perfect autumnal day.
A visit to Pensthorpe in Norfolk where the wonderful Springwatch was filmed, and where we saw these Crane. What a tick!
A visit to Wimpole Farm, where the cows were behaving badly...."don't stand in your food!"


and "don't put your food on your head!"

Getting the logs in ready for winter
Preparing and eating the prettiest vegetable in the world, the Romanesco. It came in the vegetable box, and I love it!

Making a cream tea for my husbands birthday, yum!







6 comments:

bellaboo said...

That cream tea looks amazing! Nice to have you back.Your Autumn pictures are lovely. :0)

Von said...

Lovely, some of my favourite places and also my favourite china pattern! Please save me a slice of cake I'll be round shortly!

Bovey Belle said...

Glad to see you back. Lovely photos (especially the grub!!)

Happyone :-) said...

So nice to see you back. You've been missed.
The first photo is beautiful!!
Laughed at the animals.
I've never seen or heard of romanesco before. That is so cool looking.

Dartford Warbler said...

It`s good to have you back again.
I love the Cows Dinner photos! Stourhead looks stunning. I have only ever been there in the summer.

Kath said...

What gorgeous photos, real picture postcard stuff :D