Monday, 27 December 2010

The best Christmas present!

I love Christmas but this Christmas was a little different, although I wasn't working one of my son's was....so the celebrations had to wait until the evening when he got home. In the morning we went to Church and on the way home saw some people staring up into a tree and taking pictures. We turned the car round and got out....a flock of Waxwings! They are quite beautiful and were stripping the Rowan tree of it's berries before moving on to the next tree.
Since then we have had a few sightings of them, a real treat as I have never seen one before.
That was the best gift I had that day, even though I had some lovely presents.

3 comments:

Elizabethd said...

We do get them in a cold winter in our garden in France, but they are pretty rare I think.What a lovely sight!

Happyone :-) said...

Ah, presents don't have to be wrapped. :-)
A belated Happy Christmas to you and your family!!

Dartford Warbler said...

That must have been a spectacular sight. Please can you send them eastwards? It is years since we had waxwings here.

How is Wrecks doing now? I hope he is better and enjoying his walks again.