Wednesday, 9 February 2011

This picture doesn't look that impressive but these snowdrops were numerous and just outside this very old cottage they were carpeted on the ground. It's near Badbury Rings (ancient earthworks) and we walked for 2 miles in the rain on Sunday....Oh the joys of having a dog!
The next day was a town walk with Wrecks, while my better half visited an elderly friend of ours who has had to go into a Nursing Home for a while Wrecks and I walked along by the river at Wick on the other side of the river from Christchurch. The Church in the picture is Christchurch Priory. It was a bit of a grey day but not wet.
Am going to look for a Long Billed Dowitcher today which happens to be relaxing in our local park today apparently!

2 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Oh those snowdrops! What a beautiful sight.

Dartford Warbler said...

What a lovely cluster of snowdrops outside the cottage.
We are hoping to go back to Kingston Lacey soon, as I expect the snowdrops will be out now.

I hope you caught sight of the unusual bird. I recently saw a crowd of birders looking into a field on the New Milton to Lymington road. I think there was a sea eagle or something similar?