Thursday, 27 December 2012

Hello again!


It has been a busy few weeks for us, but fun. One of our son's passed out as a Royal Marine Commando and we had an amazing day watching the ceremony and being very proud parents. It's a long and very arduous course and their slogan is "99.9% need not apply"

I cannot explain how wonderful it all was and when the Royal Marines Band played to accompany them, it was a spine tingling moment.

I have had Christmas day off this year but back on shift on Boxing day, I worked today and after work we went for a walk along Sweetbriar Drove which is a delightfully named track near us. Cold and very wet underfoot but nice to be outside. The rivers are all full and in some places overflowing, I heard on the news that Dorset is one of the worst areas as the water just cannot drain away now. A school near us was hit by lightning today and burned down this morning, also a farmers barn and a hotel in the next town were also hit. It really has been wild weather.

I have rather ignored this blog lately but maybe will try to put more on now that we have a new camera and I can once again take pictures! Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Louise S said...

Congratulations to your son! I hope the weather settles down soon.

Happyone said...

Oh I was so happy to see you posting. : ) I really miss your posts!!

Congratulations to your son. How proud you must be!!!!!

Sorry to hear of all the things happening by you.

Happy Boxing Day.
Hope your Christmas was great.

Roy Norris said...

Your Son is a splendid young man Goose.
The cream of our younger society now are serving in the Armed Forces.