Monday, 25 November 2013

Goodbye to Wrecks....

Well, for those of you who don't know yet, we had to have our lovely Wrecks put to sleep a couple of weeks ago. He had a large tumour which in the end we could  see was making him feel bad. His tail had stopped wagging and he was clearly in trouble. It was such a sad day and made more difficult because of his fear of the vet.
Still I look back on 10 years of fun and companionship, I miss him on my walks and at the moment haven't managed to do any of the walks I used to do with him. We hope to have another dog sometime, but not just yet.

6 comments:

Kath said...

Oh poor you, this is such a tough time. I remember how I felt when I lost Ellie in May. Your heart must be very heavy as you become used to life without dear Wrecks.
Sending big hugs for you x

Teresa said...

I am so sorry for your loss of a dear companion. Wrecks looks like a great dog and I am sure provided you with comfort when needed and laughs when not expected.

Dartford Warbler said...

I am sorry to read your news. Wrecks must have been a beautiful dog and a wonderful friend.

Thinking of you and your family.x

Morning's Minion said...

Parting with a loved pet is always so painful--even when we know it is time for them to go.

Happyone said...

Oh no, poor Wrecks. I am so sorry. It's so hard when a pet dies.

Isabelle said...

Oh, you have my sympathy. We've just had to have our lovely 6 year old cat put down for similar reasons. It's heartbreaking.