Sunday, 15 June 2014

Life in the new garden.

I used to see Goldfinches a long time ago at our old home but since new neighbours had moved in and got rid of trees and shrubs they had gone. No such problem here! Lots of them, I hear them twittering in the tree most of the day.
Chaffinches are new to us here, hardly saw them before!
This fellow has also taken some food off the table! Oh well, he's part of the food chain and he is rather beautiful.
An Angle Shade moth
Slow worms aplenty, adults and young ones, hopefully they will eat lots of slugs.
Damselflies are all over the wild part of the garden, several different types.
A hole in the grass heap.....does this mean we have grass snakes? I hope so.
We have seen bats in the evening, very large ones but not sure what type they are. Last night I think I heard a hedgehog, but didn't see it.
I shall keep watching and listening and hopefully see lots of other stuff.

4 comments:

Happyone said...

Lots of wildlife at your new home.
I have a lot of American Goldfinches here in my garden. They are little mostly yellow birds. I've seen a dozen of them all around the feeder at one time.

Happyone said...

Just popping in to say Hi.
Hope all is well.

Goosey said...

Thanks HappyOne , I have not been keeping up with blogging lately but I am fine thank you. Are you on Facebook?

The Wessex Reiver said...

Great selection of wildlife so far - exciting seeing what pops up in the new garden. Your grass hole could be used by a grass snake, probably made by a rodent, rats make sizable holes, you'll be so excited if something exciting pops out.